Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Oversee assigned adjuster’s claims handling for property and casualty claims, involving work inside of the office.
Managed by the Manager.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; prior property and casualty claims adjusting experience required; prior management experience preferred; evidence of current adjuster licensure or clear plan to achieve licensure within 90 days of employment required; demonstrated oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills and effective management skills required.
Location and Equipment
Inside office environment, must be able to use a computer with various software programs and use a digital recorder.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with Branch Manager, other adjusters, and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants, tradespersons and attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee assigned adjuster’s activities inside the office including hone investigation, taking statements, obtaining evidence
- Review reports and offer guidance to staff to ensure timely, clear, and concise reports to clients in the client’s preferred report format
- Communicate as needed with the client to ensure the assignment is being completed accurately and the client’s needs are being met.
- Approve and authorize assigned adjuster’s anlysis and evalutations of special damages including auto estimates, property estimates, personal property inventories, medical bills, lost wage statements and medical reports.
- Assist assigned adjusters with negotiations to effectively resolve claims.
- Review and evaluate coverage letters and make recommendations to the client.
- Assist with training of new staff.
- Complete performance reviews and evaluate progress of assigned adjusters.
- Participate in marketing activities as required.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as assigned by Branch Manager.
- Ensure a safe job environment by ensuring the adjusters review and comply with all safety procedures set forth by the company such as proper roof safety, wearing company provided reflective safety vests, and completion of the Decision Driving program. For administrative staff by the review and implementation of an ergonomically approved office environment.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used in evaluating applicants for this position